Thursday, April 28, 2016

Star Rogue One News: Mads Mikkelsen Reveals He’s Playing…. (Is this really a Spoiler?)


Mads Mikkelsen dropped what some are considering a big spoiler for Star Wars Rogue One. Well maybe the first sites posting about what he said in a Sky News interview just wanted me to click their articles. Surprisingly, it worked because I’ll click on anything to do with Star Wars news, and if you’re reading this, you probably will too. I also was curious because I didn’t think anything he said in a television interview would be that big of a reveal. Honestly I have no idea how big of a spoiler he dropped, because I haven’t seen the movie, but I’m going to guess it’s not that big.
So if you don’t want to read what the potential spoiler is don’t read any further, but I’m guessing if you clicked on my link you probably already know, but there is a warning…..


Mikkelsen revealed that he is playing Felicity Jones character’s father. Traditionally parentage in Star Wars is a big deal, with reveals coming at big dramatic moments, or left to huge speculation. This however is a very different Star Wars movie. Mikkelsen being her parent might be revealed within the first five minutes of the movie. She could talk about him, or interact with him and bring him in at any point. My point is that if this was a major spoiler he wouldn’t have let it slip. If you watch the interview he even jokes about having to kill the audience and the host if he tells anything about the movie. He knows he is not supposed to reveal anything, and he still let this slip. This tells me his character being her father is not a big reveal. It is just going to be part of the story. We still know nothing else about his actual character.
His character could be an imperial officer that Jones must win over, or he could be a garbage hauler captain. It is probably more the former than the latter knowing what types of characters Mikkelsen usually plays, but it could anything. Knowing he is her father might be an integral part of the story, or it could be of no consequence. Even he is a major part of the story, the knowledge he is her father still may mean nothing.
If you don’t want to know anything about these movies then you may have to unplug and live without the internet, if you care about this stuff at all. I do want to know tidbits about the movie and will click on these types of stories just to stay up to date on things happening with the movies. They have these actors so tight lipped they won’t let anything major slip, so for me this isn’t that big of a story.
It did generate a lot of buzz on my news feeds today, and I’m sure yours too if you are still reading this. It generated traffic to Star Wars News Net and other sights I go to, but that really is it. We still don’t really know anything about the movie or his character other than he is her father. He’s not going to be a Darth Vader like character. Mads even joked in the interview that he knew if Darth Vader is in the movie, but couldn’t let us know. This just isn’t that big of a deal. Any small tidbit of news stirs up an internet feeding frenzy, which I guess I’m adding too.

Let me know if you think if this is a big spoiler or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment