Thursday, January 12, 2017

CHIPs Trailer Thoughts - Another Television Show Remake


I like the current trend of taking old television shows and turning them into self aware comedies. I thought the Jump Street movies were great, and Baywatch looks fantastic. A CHIPS movie should get me excited because it's the same type of film. The cast in the film is fantastic. Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell, and Michael Pena are all great, but this trailer for the film is simply not good. 

There was no point in the trailer which had me laughing. What made the Jump Street films great is that they made fun of the genre and the old show they are portraying. The trailer for CHIPS did not showcase this at all. This worries me, and the film looks like a silly over the top comedy, and not a smart look funny take at the original source material. CHIPS is rich for this such material, so hopefully it just wasn't showcased in the trailer. 

I remember watching CHIPS with my mom when I was young, and still have fond memories of the show. It's not something which was clamoring to be made into a film, but with the current trend it is one which makes sense. I really hope the film is good for all involved. I like all of the cast, and hope it is a good movie. 

What did you think of the trailer, will you go watch the film? 

No comments:

Post a Comment