Monday, December 5, 2016

Transformers: The Last Knight - Teaser Trailer Review/Discussion - Is Anyone Who Speaks English Excited?




Well it's here. The trailer for the highly anticipated(?) fifth film in the Transformers franchise titled Transformers: The Last Knight. Why not throw in some Arthur lore and Nazi's into an already highly packed and stylized franchise? 

Transformers isn't for me. I was never a huge fan of the toys or cartoon in the 80's, didn't like the first film, and haven't seen any of the others. They just don't interest me, and I'm surprised anyone who speaks English is excited. 

I saw nothing in this trailer which would give me hope this film is going to be anything different than another Michael Bay action spectacular with little to no story. The voiceover by Anthony Hopkins does nothing for me. He didn't deliver it with any purpose or meaning, and just sounded like he was reading words. It had shades of Orson Welles performing for the animated movie.  If this did get people excited to go see the movie I'm glad, I just know it isn't for me. 

Nothing in this trailer got me excited. It looks like the same extremely glossy fake CG Michael Bay has been delivering for the past nine years since the first film came out. I know there are millions of people who love the Transformers and have enjoyed the movies, but this isn't my type of fun silly action film. Maybe that's because they always seem to take themselves seriously and don't play to the campy nature of the property. 

If you like the trailer and love the property more power to you and I hope you enjoy the film. I hope it is a fantastic movie and everyone thinks The Last Knight is leaps and bounds the best in the franchise. 

Comment and let me know what you thought of the trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment