Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hidden Figures Official Trailer 2 (2017) - Review



The second trailer for the film Hidden Figures hits all of my personal movie buttons. It's historical period piece about the space program during NASA's early days. With a cast anchored by Octavia Spencer and Kevin Costner it has the talent in place to be good. I am a sucker for this period of history about our race to beat the Russians to space and the moon. Coupled with the civil rights movement the time period is rich with historical significance. 

The second trailer gets me excited for the film, but so did the first. I probably would go see this movie blind based on the subject matter alone. I'm just that much of a history nut and fascinated by the space race. Telling a story about African American women within NASA during this time is perfect. I'll be there as close to opening night as I can, and hope the movie lives up to the real life characters these women portray. 

These women helped put a man in space over fifty years ago. Just let that sink in for a moment. They hurled a man into space on a rocket and he survived with technology our kids would consider antiques. We are all still waiting to be able to do the same. 

Thoughts? 


No comments:

Post a Comment