Thursday, November 10, 2016

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Official Trailer - Teaser



Well this one looks interesting. 

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is the latest film from director Luc Besson and stars Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne. The movie is based off a graphic novel and definitely has Luc Besson's influence front and center. 

Besson is a very interesting director and has done films all across the spectrum. Last years Lucy wasn't received very well critically. I never could make it through the entire film, but the first part of the film didn't hold my interest. The Fifth Element on the other hand is a film I adore, and I'm not sure why. It's silly and not exactly the best story, but if it's on television or I come across it on Netflix I always seem to start it. 

Valerian seems to give off a very similar vibe as The Fifth Element which gets me excited for the movie. I really enjoyed the strange song choice in the trailer and it set a very interesting tone. I hope this is the tone for the entire film and Besson is able to have another hit movie. 

The CG in the trailer worries me. It looks like CG from the 90's. Hopefully they are still working on it and it will improve with time, but if it's this rough when the movie is finished it might be an issue with audiences and critics. Maybe the characters and story are good enough to overcome the poor CG. Either way I'm excited to get another Science fiction epic from Besson. 

What did you think of the trailer? Comment and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment